Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gents (and Ladies too): How much do you tip (if at all) at the barber shop or hairdressers?

Is it a set amount or a percentage of how much the hair cut costs?Gents (and Ladies too): How much do you tip (if at all) at the barber shop or hairdressers?
I agree with Alyssa. If you are pleased with the results, tip them 15-20%. I also tip the shampoo girl which are usually students entering the field. I tip the girl at Kelly Teggin's in Knaresborough fairly well because her shampoo/massages are so good, they put you to sleep!





I just tipped my new hairdresser 20% because she cut and curled my hair which saved me tons of time for the evening Christmas party.





Salon owners usually don't accept tips but it's hard to tell who the owner is.








Tipping.org says to tip 10%-15% with some considerations.


You can always tip whatever you have available.Gents (and Ladies too): How much do you tip (if at all) at the barber shop or hairdressers?
I don't tip at all anymore. I think they should get paid what they ask for. It is as simple as that. If they expect fifteen dollars for a hair cut that is enough. However if they really want more they should ask for it. Tipping is expected from many people but I don't see it as necessary.
I tip 20%, try to determine if your hairdresser was polite and did what you asked, then if your pleased tip 15-20% but don't ever not leave a tip, even if it's small, anyone who has a job were they get tips understands that if you don't get a tip, you had an unhappy costumer.
For a ten dollar hair cut I tip 3 bucks. For a 15 dollar haircut I tip 3 or 4. 20 dollar haircut I scream ';rip off'; and go cry like a baby cuz prices are skyrocketing. I'm a guy, so our haircuts are not as fancy usually. If I'm getting simple short haircut don't go giving me a hefty pricetag please
I usually tip about 10 dollars on a 50 dollar charge. I've been a regular customer of his for over 10 years and I also give him a Christmas gift equal to the price of my normal service.
I go to a barbers who are fairly cheap, 8Pounds or so. They are very friendly, and usually do a good job, so I give a 10 pound note, and let them keep the change.
I tip based on service. At my salon, my hairdresser comes in early for me and generally accomodates my schedule so I tip 20%. Otherwise I would not tip more than 10 or 15%.
Generally nothing.





I tipped once at the beauty school because that is the only money they make from doing hair while in school. So i did tip $10.00
My mum is a barber.


The cut costs 拢8 and people usually give her 拢10 and say keep the change.
5-10 dollers
The price of one hair cut.
No more than 拢1 mate.
I tip a couple of pounds after a visit to the hairdressers.





xx
about 鈧? if I have a full colour done
nothing I pay for the job thats it

No comments:

Post a Comment