Friday, May 14, 2010

I own a barber shop, other then keeping my barbers busy, what can I do to motivate them and keep them happy?

These barber are independent contractors not employees, despite that we work as a team. The shop is busy, but I want them to be more happy as a general rule....I own a barber shop, other then keeping my barbers busy, what can I do to motivate them and keep them happy?
try to organize after work events, everybody get together on friday split some beers and have sort of a meeting where everybody can express their thoughts, or take them to the strip club pay their way and whatever happens inside they tip or pay forI own a barber shop, other then keeping my barbers busy, what can I do to motivate them and keep them happy?
Be generous with profit-sharing and organise a famly day where all staffs and family members get to interact and know each other better.
Have an insentive for them. If they have ';repeating costumers'; then that means you get more revenue, therefore you should increase of ';give a percentage'; of those cuts.


This way you know that the customers are happy and your people are doing a better job, and not just giving them an insentive.


Why not close the shop early one day and invite them beers and pizza? But I stick to my first story, in the long run this will bring you stable revenue and will make your barber shop grow
Really, people don't need a lot. I bet if you just made a point of telling them often, but not too often, that they did a great job today, or you're glad they're here, you'd find it goes a LONG way in boosting morale. Buying lunch or bringing in breakfast sandwiches or doughnuts occasionally is nice too!
-Play music that suits them so that they can relax while cutting hair.


-Sponsor community cookouts during the summer using your barbershop name.


-Also sponsor trips using your barbershop name. The employees shouldn't be required to go, but I'm sure they'll oblige.


-Contest: Whoever brings in the most revenue gets a day of their choice off (paid).
Holiday parties, birthday cakes and celebration, beer after work, watching games on tv in the shop, contests, commission, snacks, candy, coffee...


all of these things make me happier at work
i think the enviroment has alot to do with it... put some nice pictures up maybe paint the shop a nice color... decorate a little.. and put some music on...make it fun!!
ive owned my own business for year first rule of thumb NEVER mix business with friends, so what ever you do , dont go out after work for beers and such, what i did and let my employees, listen to thier chocie of music, give bonuses for a certian goal, tho not money!! stuff like new equipment or early days off, employees really like that
You could reward them for repeat Business, or bringing in new clients...Lunch out or gift certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment