Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What do I need to own a barber shop?

Like do i have to go to college or have a lisense to build the shop or something.What do I need to own a barber shop?
to own just a shop, you do not need a barber license. However, if you dont have one you can not work in the shop. I have a cosmetology license which was 2000 hours long and cost $10,500. It is similar to a barber license,but the barber license requires less hours. Then you must go take a state exam, which cover skills, theory and a law test. To open yor own shop, you need to contact the board of barbers and see what they require. In the state I live you need a certian square footage, the shops own restroom, 3 sinks,and its own parking. I had to send in a diagram and pictures for approval.Then you must contact the state and get a business license, and or county license.What do I need to own a barber shop?
To own a shop, you need a shop and equipment. If you're going to build, you need all the permits your town requires. To be a barber, you need a license and you need training to get a license.

No comments:

Post a Comment