Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How much do you tip a barber for a regular/normal haircut?

My last one cost $10 and I gave her a $2 tip.How much do you tip a barber for a regular/normal haircut?
I don't go to a 'barber' anymore. But when I did, if it was the owner of the shop, like a one-man operation, I didn't tip him because he's obviously getting the profit from the price I'm already paying. Maybe that's rude, but that's my thought process in deciding that a tip isn't necessary in that case.





Now I go to a cheapo haircut chain store, and the girls there do a decent job. My hairstyle is really not complex, lol. I pay about $16 for the cut, and I tip them $3.How much do you tip a barber for a regular/normal haircut?
At least 10 % up to 20%





calculate 10% and round up to the nearest dollar





or if you are really happy take 20% and round up or down to the nearest reasonable number
Most of the time, nothing. Sometimes a dollar. I don't think haircuts for men require a tip. My barber is the owner of the shop, by the way.
20 per cent. I don't think it matters whether the person who cuts your hair is the owner or not. They still provided the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment