Friday, January 22, 2010

Could a barber/hair stylist use scheduling software?

My friends and I are developing some scheduling software. Basically, a customer could go online and schedule a hair appointment. Would this work for a barber/hairstylist? Why or why not?Could a barber/hair stylist use scheduling software?
They probably could, but there are several things to consider:





1) Does a person need a shampoo first....I didn't ask if the WANTED one. When they walk in the door, do then NEED one?





2) How many people will never show or leave after they get there when then see several people waiting?





3) How will you determine how much time is needed per customer? Stylists work at their speed, some customers prefer scissors only, etc.





4) How would you handle several people who click on an appointment at the same time?





5) Are you planning to leave slots open for ';walk-ins';?





6) Challenges with complex situations: Color, Perms, bleaching, longer hair, etc.Could a barber/hair stylist use scheduling software?
wouldnt work for me as a barber...we do first come first serve and no appointments
I could work, but you would have to have a way for it to check to see if someone is open for an hour or whatever. Outlook has a calendar in it, and if I want to schedule a meeting with someone, I can go in there and see when they are available, then send a request.


The problem I see is you would have to have each person schedule posted, and any changes would have to be reflected online as well.


Its a good idea, but I could see scheduling conflicts. Unless you have it where a person goes on, and says I want so and so to do my hair, then the site tells the customer when the next available slot is for. This would be a good thing because that person would have an appointment for that person, and not have to wait a long time to get their favorite person to do their hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment