Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can you get aids from a straight-edge razor at the barber?

The barbershop that I go to has a bunch of young guys that are always cursing and playing rap and raegae with curses and stuff working there. It looks pretty rag-tag and untidy, but they do an amazing job cutting hair. So I doubt that they clean their razor blades, and I was wondering if I could get HIV from the razor blades that they use?Can you get aids from a straight-edge razor at the barber?
Have the health department do a random anonymous inspection there.


I would find another barber, I would be more worried about hepatitis then HIV. It lives longer in open air. It would be a very rare case to catch something from the razor, but it still doesn't sound very sanitary.Can you get aids from a straight-edge razor at the barber?
You sure can and I think you are right to be concerned. That's strange that they can still do shaves like that anymore...they don't even use the razor scraper when you get a pedicure anymore.
You can if they are not properly sterilized. But the minimal amount of blood that would be on the knife works in your favor. However, it's still very risky...

No comments:

Post a Comment