Friday, January 22, 2010

My question is this I have recently opened my own hairsalon buissiness right next to a barber shop ?

I have recenty bought advertising on the back of the receipts printed from the grocery stores. The barber has been accepting my coupons and my clients help what should I do I have already asked him not to do it but he still does I have asked my landlord for help but he wont. I feel as if the barber is stealing from me what should I do that is legalMy question is this I have recently opened my own hairsalon buissiness right next to a barber shop ?
well how do you know he is taking clients and coupons and is it just 5 or 50 times he has done it? Maybe it is not worth worrying about. Maybe you could make the coupon something that he cant match like instead of a flat money off coupon do something like a GET A HAIRCUT AND GET A SAMPLE HAIR GEL PRODUCT FREE or a free brush or something or something he cant offer like a 1/2 price manicure... have your coupon read COME IN TO SEE OUR DAILY UNBELIEVABLE SPECIALS! otherwise do not do the printed coupons just put a very large sign in your window with your specials... if u really want to go after his clientele do it... maybe he caters mostly to me... hand a sign MENS HALF PRICE SPECIAL so you get his walk ins over to you for the sale.... since you chose to be right next door you knew you were in for some competition so you better be prepared to compete. You need to have a better product and environment if you dont want it to be just about prices... so brag up your other qualities.... better products/shampoos, more experience, sports tv / movies / beverages in customer waiting area... also work on getting YOUR customers on a private mailing list so your marketing dollars are not all PUBLIC stuff that he can take.... welcome to the world of biz competition, can you imagine being pops family clothes in a store next to walmart? good luckMy question is this I have recently opened my own hairsalon buissiness right next to a barber shop ?
You can do nothing many places accept the coupons of other establishments.
Yes what he does is legal. Its much like price matching. But u really shouldn't be the one complaning..think what is going through the barbers head when you open the same type of business right next to him...I'm sure your will be more for woemna nd his for men. But its you taking his business not the othe way around.
I don't think there is any thing you can do. The barber is in his right to accept your coupons. You'll just have to build up a reputation and a client base that trust you and then you should have regular clients (depending on what sort of area you are in, if you are in a poorer area, people may be more price driven). Perhaps you have a blackboard and run random specials to try and deter any copy-cat behaviour from the barber. You just have to think creatively- figure what makes your business different and what sets you apart and create your own niche. Good Luck.
1. Pray


2. Give coupons for cuts for ladies (assuming he is cutting men's hair)


3. Give hair cuts for men at cost or below cost.


4. Hire beautiful, friendly, talented hair stylists.


5. Give a better value product at a better price and advertise effectively.


6. Contact the school where you studied and ask someone there for their opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment