Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to tell a russian barber in Russian that I want a haircut?

sentences regarding to haircut is pretty hard for me,even in my own native language Malay and English.making it worse,i am now living in moscow where it is a MUST to speak russian to be understood.i can speak russian but it goes to a dumb fullstop when it comes to HAIRCUT...*sigh*.what are the appropriate sentences to tell the barber if i want a haircut (nicely trimmed,student cut) in Russian?can somebody help me?i can't stand having such a beehive-like hairstyle.How to tell a russian barber in Russian that I want a haircut?
Tell her this. Ya hatshu carotke volisi dla studenta. That means. I want trimmed student haircut. Let me know how that goes for ya.How to tell a russian barber in Russian that I want a haircut?
Just to tell you, I don't recommend saying that to a barber. In pure translation, it means ';I want short hair for student'; with some grammatical errors. Just trying to look out for you.

Report Abuse



well really?but kindly pls write yr answer ya hotel by postrichsya po koroche in cyrillic bcs i cannot understand/prnounce the word postrichsya.thanx

Report Abuse



get a photo of what you want it to look like. walk into a barber shop. mime cutting your hair, and show him your photo. Sorry, I don't know Russian, but I've heard it's really hard and some Russians even don't know it.
picture is the best way to explain


also there is a barber shop for expats, they speak english, Somewhere near Sukharevkaya station
Use this site to translate.


Print it out and take it to him.


http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish
Saying i would like shorter hair- ya hotel by postrichsya po koroche.
Sit in the chair and point to your head twice, if he looks confused then point again. Do this with a straight face.
Take your fingers and make a scissor shape of them, then pretend to cut your hair with them and smile. He'll get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment