Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to cook Barber Foods frozen entree ';Chicken Cordon Bleu';?

On the box, it says do not microwave since it contains raw meat. It calls for cooking it in the oven for 28 minutes. Seeing that I live in a small apartment, I do not have an oven, only a skillet and a George Foreman grill. Are there any alternatives for cooking this? How to cook Barber Foods frozen entree ';Chicken Cordon Bleu';?
Are you talking about the individual ones that come individually wrapped in plastic? If so, there used to be microwave directions for those. I remember buying them when I was in college and now when I buy them I still use the old microwave method. The raw meat in it is the ham.





The old way of doing it was to microwave one of them at a time. Upside down for 2 minutes, let it rest for a minute and then to microwave them again for another 2 minutes and let it rest for another minute.





I have also done these on a skillet set to medium heat. Just a bit of non-stick spray on the skillet and cooked them this way for around 15 minutes on each side till it came up to the proper temperature. Microwave broke and went that route.





As far as the George Foreman grill goes, I have no idea. My ex from years ago used to do them in a toaster over, just set to the same temp and length of time as the over directions.





Hope this helps!How to cook Barber Foods frozen entree ';Chicken Cordon Bleu';?
I might be wrong but I would think if you cooked in the hot skillet for 5 minutes each side then put it into the George Foreman for 10 to 15 maybe 20 minutes keeping a eye on it all the time should work. Just cut it in half and check the middle to make sure it's cook well.. That's my guess!
Nope..even if you had a toaster oven you could cook it. Sorry, no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment