Thursday, January 21, 2010

Senior men do you go to the barber for a shave?

Senior men do you still go to an old fashioned type barber and get a shave with a straight razor? Do you use a straight razor, shaving cream cup and brush at home?Senior men do you go to the barber for a shave?
I have a barber that can do it but he does it so rarely, he virtually begs you not to ask. I have shaved myself exactly twice with a straight razor. Pretty intimidating and took me 45 minutes. Any faster and you can really hurt yourself. Finished up with Witch Hazel one time and the other time I splashed on '; Bay Rum';.





Good thing a fire extinguisher was available both times. I still use my dads soap mug and brush. He got is around 1960 from the Fuller Brush man. Still works great. I haven't used canned shave soap for 30 years. One round of soap will last a very long time for about a dollar. Crummy throw away razors only last about 2 shaves. ( Unless my wife has been using mine)Senior men do you go to the barber for a shave?
No. I have always shaved my own face. I have used several different electric razors. I have used Atra. Now I just used the disposable razors for convenience and a comfort foam or gel from the can. Never used a straight razor. My late father only used his electric Remington.
I grow a beard for the winter months,but use an electric razor ordinarily. Some years back i had a very old cup and bought a bar of shaving soap and used that for shaving my neck when i had a beard. Wouldn't trust using a straight razor,might slit my own throat!
Got a straight razor but have not used it in years, when I'm in El. Paso Texas there is a barber shop near the airport that still gives a hot shave, then there is one Chicago ILL, Still a few around getting fewer each year.
No. I went to a barber for a haircut just out of habit for about ten years. Now if I went to a barbershop they would know that I came in for a shave or maybe a shoeshine. I use an electric shaver at home. Nothing old fashioned about me. No, sir.
I don't shave and really only ever did while in the military.
Never shaved in my life. The extreme of my male laziness.
I've had a lot of close shaves but never in a barber shop.
what is a shave? I've had a beard for over 30yrs

No comments:

Post a Comment