Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is it customary to tip your barber or hairdresser?

Does it matter on the price of haircut? Like would you still do it if it's a $30 haircut or styling? How much do you tip?Is it customary to tip your barber or hairdresser?
If your stylist is working in someone else's shop either on commission or salaried, then yes, because the bulk of the money you pay for the cut is going to the owner of the shop. If your stylist is the owner of the shop, then a tip isn't necessary because all of what you pay goes to him or her. If part of your services is performed by someone other than your stylist (such as a shampoo girl) you should tip that person too. 20% of the cost of the service is a normal tip amount for the stylist. I usually give the shampoo girl $5.00.Is it customary to tip your barber or hairdresser?
I usually just tip a simple 5 bucks for a normal thank you





but don't tip if you think they did terrible, that will send them the message
Yes I think it is. I believe for two reasons: 1 if you don't you seem very cheap and 2 you seem unappreciative of their work. Usually it is 15%-30% of the total
No its not customary. You only should tip if they did an amazing job.
yes, you should tip 20% of the service :)
It's polite.
You should always tip a hairdresser, valet, food delivery driver, waiter, bartender, manicurist... Most of these people make minimum wage and rely heavily on their tips. 18-20% is appropriate if you are happy with the service. And tipping change is insulting.
I live in Australia and I have never tipped my hairdresser. (But we do not tip...If you do, most places make you split your tips with all the staff and/or the business takes it!)





So that said... I have paid for the service fair and square, if they want more money than they should charge accordingly.





But judging by the answers on here everyone else tips any person in service.
Well, yes, in my country (Mexico) it is..... but it's usually to the customer's discretion. There's no fixed % that ';people are expected/supposed'; to tip as it is in restaurants, for example. I used to tip a 10% +/-... the hair stylist that I have now is quite good so I tip him 15-20%, but that's only because he does a good job. If I don't like it, I tip very little or none at all. But I always try to stick to only 1 stylist and not try others I don't know or have not been recommended to me, neither to be in other people's hands (shampoo girls or whatever).
yes i tip both of them thats how they make most of there money
Hey,





If it's a $30.00 haircut, then you can afford to tip. These are working folks who earnings are partially dependent on tips. I use the same formula as I do in restaurants: 15-20%. The more you tip, the better the service in the future. They really remember you for tipping well and for not tipping at all. Which way do you want to go?
I always tip 15 - 30%














Want to get flat abs fast? www.supertightabs.com


www.dangdeals.com - free E-Books

No comments:

Post a Comment