Friday, January 22, 2010

How do you tell a barber you hate the haircut they just gave you?

I mean, today I got my hair cut and it was a friend of my moms that did it.





It looks HORRIBLE.





I wanted to flat-out tell her to shave my head and get me a wig cause it was so bad, but it was in the barber shop and I didn't want to cry and fuss about it so I smiled and told her it was fine.





Then I got home and put a hat on and have refused to take it off since.





Next time how can I tell her I don't like the haircut without being rude?How do you tell a barber you hate the haircut they just gave you?
Have you tried washing it and then trying to do something with it? Remember, hair grows in really fast, especially in the summer. I would not go back to that barber ever again. I don't care whose friend she is!! Everything will be OK. I know a bad haircut can make you physically ill, but in a couple weeks , with some mousse, it'll be manageable. In the meantime just wear a hat. You'll be lucky if you can wear a hat to work. Just think of all the people with problems WAY worse than yours, Kinda puts everything into perspective. Good luck!! :)How do you tell a barber you hate the haircut they just gave you?
pull a Britney Spears and shave it all off in front of them lol
There's certain rules one must learn to follow in order to make life easier, and one of those rules is to NEVER let friends (or friends of a friend, or even friends of your mom) cut your hair.





That said... the best way to take care of it, would be to just tell her you're not really happy with the haircut. Will it change anything? Nope. But at least she'll know.





Next time... get your hair cut by someone whose ';work'; you have seen before, or go to a salon. It may cost a little bit more, but it'll probably be worth it in the end.
well. make arrangements to get it cut elsewhere. if she asks you if you want another haircut from her, you can say ';thanks - i'll let you know.'; or maybe, ';I totally appreciated it, thanks. I'm trying out different styles and stuff and I am gonna go try a few places out.'; you might want to ask your mom what she thinks - she can always make up an excuse to her friend.





if it wasn't your mom's friend -- i'd say be honest, polite, but honestly say that it didn't turn out as expected, thanks anyway. but you dont wanna mess stuff up for moms and put her in an awkward place with her friend you know? peace, dude.
You could say'; I hate the haircut you just gave me';
Simply stay out of that place. Never go there again.
Hair grows back but I would suggest you find a different barber for your next haircut, this time though: could you tell her that you want a little more trimmed here or there?
There shouldn't be a next time with this stylist. But if she ask say that the cut just wasn't your style.
I must be very angry to do something,however I would try with anotherone
I would'nt tip and go somewhere else next time.
Don't have a next time.
Wow..that happened to me (beauty shop) on my 21st birthday.


I wanted ';something special'; and let her do what she thought would look nice. I got hair the color of beets and a haircut that looked like something out of Ancient Egypt!!


I told her I hated it..she looked very blankly back at me..and said, Oh, you will get used to it!!


I tried to use haircolor to cover that beet red stuff she put on and ended up with 1/2 Red and 1/2 black hair.


I finally went to an expensive shop and they cut my hair real short and got the color back to normal. I never went back to the first place.


Just tell her, you are not happy with it..she might not be able to fix it, but someone can.
On the right side, your hair will grow back. Do not go back to a Cosmo College EVER again... they are trainees, and they need people to ';experiment'; on. Next time go to a recommended stylist (from one of your friends...just don't have a friend cut your hair, unless they are in the biz of cutting hair!!!)





You might want to go there in a few days, and BE NICE to her... tell her that your haircut did not turn out the way how you expected, and explain why--she would want to know specifics. Do not ';lecture'; her on how miserable your life has been for you. As she is a student, she will greatly appreciate your honesty and professionalism. Who knows, maybe some day in the future she will be the BEST stylist in your town!!!!





We all make mistakes, and we all learn from them. Don't be too hard on yourself or on others. You can get much more accomplished with kindness--something that the world is missing a lot of lately.





Hope this helps. Best of luck to you.
You simply tell her that you would like something a little different this time. Whatever you think she did wrong, tell her how you think it should be. You don't have to tell her you didn't like it, just that you want some changes. Do it very casually. Stylists are used to this stuff anyway, some will like it and some won't. Don't worry!
Just say ';I hate the haircut you just gave me';.

No comments:

Post a Comment