Thursday, January 14, 2010

How much does a professional barber make?

I am seriously thinking of going to barber college. I don't want a license in cosmetology, I want an actual barber license, because I think it sounds like they are more qualified??? Is that true? I found that the closest to me is in Camp Hill, PA? Can anyone help me out on this?How much does a professional barber make?
lets go by a month.





anywhere from 1250 to 5 grand..





seriously... depends how good you are. and how good your name is around town.


like my barber is soo over booked we have to plan 3 months ahead sometimes.





its all about skill.How much does a professional barber make?
most guys will go to a barber well because cosmetologist really cant cut with clippers lol Ive fixed alot of bad stuff lol,and the barber school i went to taught me everything nails,facial,color,perms,women鈥?and mens haircuts and everything else a barber does,you can make 1000 a week with goodclient

Report Abuse



Being a Cosmetologist makes you more qualified than a barber. We have 3 licenses: hair skin and nails. We're more likely to make more money. The only real difference between having a barber's license and a hair licenses is that you can use razors without a guard, and that you can shave someone's face. Maybe a couple other small differences. And you're limited to just mainly one gender.
I'm a Cosmetologist and have considered adding a Barber license but, really, classes are going on all the time for different techniques. Barbers are great but not licensed to do certain other things with hair and a little of that Cosmetologist. But if you want to be a barber, it's up to you how much you make. It's one of those fields that is up to you. You can barely get by or fill the salon...
I'm a cosmetologist and I have learned nothing to make me believe that I am less qualified than a barber.

No comments:

Post a Comment